K-9 BED BUG DETECTION
Bed bugs (and their eggs) are tiny and hide in the smallest of crevices during the day; the bugs come out only at night. Even the most seasoned expert can be limited without the assistance from a canine.
“Man’s Best Friend” has been utilized for his scent detection skill for decades by police and military. Dogs regularly assist search & rescue efforts and the detection of drugs, bombs and arson. Only within the past few years have they been enlisted to detect bed bugs. With a 95% to 98% success rate, a well-trained dog is the best way to detect almost anything including bed bugs.
Our dogs go through an extensive training process to learn how to sniff out bed bugs. Only 1 out of 5 dogs passes the training regiment required by our standards. Our dogs are trained to use their sensitivity to detect the odor signature of bed bugs.
Pre K-9 Checklist – this is your part in helping us detect bed bugs!
In order to maximize the scent capability of a K-9 detector, we ask customers to review the checklist before the visit. Help us help you find and eliminate bed bugs.
• Vacuum or sweep the floor to remove food scraps, debris and dust
• Remove pets from home (or place the pets in a separate room) upon arrival and while the K-9
inspector is working
• Remove all pet foods and cat litter boxes.
• Turn off heating and cooling systems and fans at least one hour prior to our arrival (if possible)
• Please do not cook, bake or leave food on the counters for at least one hour prior to our arrival
• Do not burn incense for at least 24 hours
• All persons present at the inspection should be as quiet as possible while the K-9 inspector
Certified Bed Bug Free
With each K-9 inspection, we offer documentation that the premise is bed bug free. Urban areas have been infested with bed bugs and documentation offers piece of mind that the inspected area has been certified bed bug free. Before moving in, make sure your new home has been inspected for bed bugs.
Property owners in NYC are facing stiff penalties by the Environmental Control Board. It is in their best interest to certify and have on record when their apartments have been inspected for bed bugs.
GET A FREE ESTIMATE
& $100 OFF ANY SERVICE
Just fill out the form below and someone from our friendly staff will contact you to schedule your Free Estimate.
We Offer certification for:
- Medical Facilities
SERVICING ALL OF NYC
SE HABLA ESPANOL